Tuesday, January 13, 2009

oy vey. new semester.

what is happening in the brain of sarah?

Well, I am actually a little bit excited about my giant class load this semester.
"WHAT!?" you may ask. Yes, I am, in fact, stoked about the fact that I am taking 18 credits. I am, for the first time in my life, taking life by the horns, and doing work ahead of time.

I'm doing reading before it's due. I'm practicing speeches. And it's only the second day of classes. Anyone want to place bets on how long this will last? I hope at least until half way thru the semester; if I do that, then I can at least get some wonderful grades as a foundation.

Other than that, I'm enjoying being back in Chicago. I missed the sweet kids that I babysit for. I went over to their house tonight and their sweet, adorable grandparents were there, and I just got to babysit with the grandparents. It was great.

Oh, speaking of children, I love them! I am so excited about this job. The kids are sometimes a bit of a handful, but they still are full of innocence, besides the fact that they are clever enough to climb over the babygate and steal chocolate. I suppose by innocence, I mean that they are not malicious yet. They do not wish harm on anyone, they are full of love and contentment. It makes me happy. I also love the fact that they LOVE it when I sing to them. My sister recently reminded me that Disney songs are GREAT for singing kids to sleep. I introduced them to Aladdin tonight.

Anyways, I have to get back to reading and all that. Just wanted to write an update.


Current song stuck in my head:
"stop and stare; i think i'm moving but i go nowhere"

1 comment:

Rach said...

Yay! I don't want to place a bet against your new work ethic- that would be discouraging! I hope you stick with it!! :)

And yay disney songs!!